Attorney Josh J. Stewart.
Attorney John Stewart has been practicing law for over 40 years. He concentrates in the
Areas of Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, and other matters involving Estates. I have also has
experience with certain types of cases involving liability disputes, commercial and business
litigation, and civil matters.
He can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Biographical Information for John N. Stewart, Jr.
John Stewart practices in the areas of real estate, wills, trusts, probate, trust administration,
and certain areas of civil litigation.
Florida resident for over 50 years.
Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of South Florida
Admitted to practice in Federal Court, Middle District of Florida ; All Florida Courts,
and the United States Supreme Court.
Elder, Deacon, Member of Session, Westminister Presbyterian Church
Current Commodore of the Tarpon Springs Yacht Club
Outstanding Area Community Service Award, Previous West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Treasurer.
Previous Director West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Chairman, Pasco Fine Arts Council.
Genesis Preparatory School , Past Board of Trustee Member.
Previous Parental Advisory Board Member, Richey Fundamental Elementary School .
Founding Director, Citizens National Bank & Trust. Port Richey, FL. Citizens National Bank merged to become Mercantile Bank.
Past President of the Rotary Club , New Port Richey Chapter. Previous King Pithla, Click Fiesta Ball.
Current Member: West Pasco Rotary Club
Life Member, West Pasco Historical Society .
Member (past), Coastal Rivers Basin Board of the Southwest Florida Water Management District
Charter Advisory Board (1974-75)
Chairman (past), Downtown Beautification Committee of the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce
Member, Executive Council of West Pasco Chamber of Commerce.
Co-Chair - Volunteer Committee. Super Playground, Sims Park, New Port Richey
Director (past) - Center for Independence, Inc.
Executive Director (past) - Boy Scouts of America
Director (past) - Healing Hearts Ministry for Women, Inc.
Director Pasco Hernando Community College Foundation Board
Director - Hernando Pasco Hospice
Extensive experience in the investigation, prosecution, and defense of complex financial crimes.
Attorney with a proven record of achievements and successful completion of diversified projects.
- When practicing law with Carlson & Meissner, PA, I successfully handled close to 300 open and active cases in litigation,
managed a team of three full time support staff, and developed ways for the firm to increase revenue while operating more
. Within the first six months of my graduation from law school and practicing with Carlson & Meissner, I settled down to
worker's compensation claim for $ 550,000.00. It was the highest settlement the firm had in the previous 10 years in a work
comp claim. See OJCC Case No .: 04-016861SLR.
- Over 14 years of litigation experience.Trial Practice Consulting, HR Consulting, Claims Management, Case Management,
Insurance Disputes, Business Disputes, Florida Worker's Compensation Claims, Labor and Employment.
- Strong legal research and writing skills. Memorandums of Law, Memorandums in Support of, or Opposition to, a Motion.
- Contract formation, review, and analysis. Strong Negotiation skills.
- Communication Competencies. Speaking Effectively, Public Speaking, Assertiveness, Healthy interpersonal and social skills.
- Substantial conflict resolution experience.
- Self - Management - Responsibility, Accountability, Excelling Under Pressure, Delivering on a Deadline.
- Learning Competencies - Self - Development and Flexibility.
The Mastrogiovanni Law Firm: February 2018 to Present: Case Management
PO Box 8028, Clearwater, FL 33758-8028 (727) 202-5122 Email for Michael Mastrogiovanni below.
Attorney Michael Mastrogiovanni and I practiced law while attorneys with the law firm of Carlson & Meissner, PA
He handled criminal defense and I handled worker's compensation claims and various general civil litigation. For the
Mastrogiovanni Law Firm, I work remotely; handling nearly every aspect of his worker's compensation case load. My work
involves writing demands, filing Petitions for Benefits, settling work comp claims, initial intake calls, communication with
clients regarding various subject matters, conduct legal research, draft and electronically file pleading, draft correspondence,
updating medical records, upload all documents, notes, and billing time, into our practice management software, setting calendar
events, and sending out correspondence to clients. Because I work remotely and only part time, my involvement does not hinder
my ability to work for another open position. Moreover, if the work required for a new position would prevent me from having
the time to work with Michael Mastrogiovanni, I would be able to find alternate help. We have a great relationship. We've
discussed the fact I am looking for other employment opportunities.He's available at the office number above
email@example.com Email address I regularly monitor associated with this firm: firstname.lastname@example.org Receipt of
communications about other employment opportunities is fine to send to me at the above address. I am not, nor will ever
be, dishonest with any employer.
Yuspeh Rappaport Law: May 2018 to July 1, 2018. Case Management / Paralegal Work
5001 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124 (216) 417-6758
I worked with Yuspeh Rappaport Law, LLC for over a year. In April 2018, they offered a full-time case management position if I was willing to relocate to Ohio. Though the offer was financially attractive, I was not agreeable to moving to Ohio.Instead of not having me work with them at all, they agreed to stay in Florida for a long time. The law firm provided with a brand-new laptop, access to Lexis Nexis, and access to their case management software. Every firm I've worked with over the years uses a different case management software. I have never had a difficult learning how to effectively use a firm's case management software. I performed research on Ohio State and Federal level cases, prepared pleadings including various Motions, Requests for Production, Interrogatories, Requests for Admissions, Complaints in Premises Liability Claims, Complaints in Auto Accident Claims, Memoranda in Support of Motions and correspondence related to the cases assigned to meIn addition, I prepared comprehensive demand packages with detailed, carefully constructed demand letters including medical records and other relevant documents as exhibits.
Buy DMI, Inc. - parent company to Live to Fish and Good For You: January 2017 through May 2018.
Chief Business Development & Legal Officer - www.buydmi.com, www livetofish.com and www.goodforyou.com
Buy DMI, Inc ., is an e-commerce company selling over 1 Million products for businesses, offices, homes, restaurants, the automotive industry, and more. Live to Fish is both online and there is a showroom located on the first floor of our building.Live to Fish sells fishing tackle, gear, boat equipment, apparel, marine electronics and marine audio, and performs installations of marine electronics and marine audio in our shop. We had a brick and mortar showroom located on the first floor of the same 13,100-sq. ft. office building as Buy DMI, Inc. Good for You is a fulfillment company. Individuals or business groups looking for a company to handle all aspects about the online publication of their product on Amazon, eBay, our website, and Wal - Mart, plus handle customer service, plus handle all packaging and shipping,
Unfortunately, all of the above companies went bankrupt late last year. However, please feel free to contact the past President and my superior, Ian Pitkoff.His cell is 727-505-7978 and his personal email is: email@example.com
- Assess and respond to all legal matters that arise. Engage in proactive risk management for the evaluation and handling of legal matters that confront either company. Resolve any matters that have the potential to become problematic before they do.
- Draft contracts concerning Procurement and Fulfillment. Prepare and Review contracts concerning manufacturers, vendors, and wholesale distributors. Addressed any issues about property interests, collective bargaining agreements, our own non-disclosure agreement, non-compete agreement, and revised our employment application to help avoid potential discrimination claims.
- Also held title of HR manager.Maintained individual employee files with complete records for each employee.
- Ensured that the initial employment application, the interview, the handling of any disciplinary matters, and the termination of any employee, was compliant with State and Federal Regulations for both Buy DMI, Inc., and Live to Fish.
- Wrote the first Employee Handbook and Social Media Policy for both companies and the combined total of 26 employees.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks. Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or otherwise substantially mitigate risks.
- Deal with any external parties concerning a wide range of issues.Such external parties consisted of those that either Buy DMI, Inc., or Live to Fish did business with or wanted to engage in business with.
- Routinely with complex and significant issues that cut across legal and related areas.
- Kept abreast of legislative changes relevant to the e-commerce industry as well as Labor and Employment Law, Florida Wage and Hour Law, and Florida Worker's Compensation Law. Provided answers based on the current and up to date legislative changes and court opinions through conducting legal research.
- Engaged in marketing campaigns and promotions for all three companies. Contributed researched article content.
- Filed all necessary documents with the Florida Division of Corporations to reflect our change of address.
- Contacted numerous wholesalers and manufacturers to establish a relationship as an authorized dealer.
- Handled the Response to Office Action from the United States Patent and Trademark Office regarding gaining Federal Registration of the Live to Fish mark.
Dolman Law Group - Legal Consultant - April 2015 through October 2016.
800 N Belcher Rd, Clearwater, FL 33765 727-451-6900
- Trained one of their attorneys in the handling of a new practice area for the firm - worker's compensation claims.
- Provided all pleadings, form letters, and file handling paperwork necessary to handle worker's compensation claims.
- Draft necessary pleadings in opening files and ensure all pleadings and related exhibits are properly electronically filed and that copies are sent to the necessary parties.
- Track all current cases to provide proper monitoring of case events.
- Revised and implemented new client process to allow for more streamlined handling of calls, making of referrals, and the monitoring of all relevant information in a spreadsheet with follow up dates and time marked with reminders.
- Implemented new procedures for cases involving areas of law not within the scope of our practice areas whereby such cases would be referred to other companies by me.In connection with the new referral system, I created a created tracking system to monitor the progress / status of referred cases to allow for the collection of referral fees.
- Wrote articles relating to the firms 'practice areas containing keywords and links, then posted articles online to increase firms' SEO.
- Initiated and handled the lease agreement negotiations between the two firms concerning the use of additional office space at the office of Stewart & Stewart, PA
- References available through firm owner Matt Dolman at firstname.lastname@example.org If you want his cell, let me know You are not likely to have an opportunity to speak with him through calling the office.
Consultant, Legal, Contract, Recruitment, HR - April 2010 through April 2015
Freelance contact work involving legal writing and research for law firms of various sizes throughout the US. I drafted pleadings in open cases with strict deadlines, electronically filed them on behalf of the firm / attorney I was working for, and less frequently wrote complete memorandums of law. In addition, I wrote a few articles for fishing magazines, content for websites, newsletters, flyers, or worked to increase a firm's exposure through direct mail or online. Such work included content about the promotion of a business, product, or service. I am capable and competent in the delivery of fully edited content ready for immediate publication. I work best under pressure.
Stewart & Stewart, PA - Position: Attorney - March 2008 through April 2010.
5435 Main Street, New Port Richey, FL 34652 (727) 847-1115
- Worker's Compensation Claims.
- Labor & Employment Matters.
- Contract and Insurance Disputes.
- Handled all aspects of our marketing and advertising, including creating and submitting all on-line content; both written and media wise.
- Built www.stewartattorneys.com despite having no prior training or experience in web design or creation.
- Implemented staff training protocols for handling intakes for prospective new clients in a way that allowed tracking of which specific marketing campaigns were successful.
- Responded to legal questions/issues submitted by prospective clients contacting the firm through on-line marketing efforts I created.
- Developed electronic document storage procedures and protocols for case related correspondence / pleadings.
- Devised scheduling procedures to provide easily interpreted calendaring protocols followed by staff to set appointments, phone conferences, depositions, hearings, or mediations.
Law Offices of Carlson & Meissner, PA - Attorney - February 2004 through March 2008
Massachusetts Ave, New Port Richey, FL 34653 (727) 835-5536 www.carlsonmeissner.com
- Managed the firm's worker's compensation litigation department for their New Port Richey, Florida office.
- Practice areas included worker's compensation claims, personal injury, and certain civil litigation.
- After less than 6 months of my first becoming a licensed attorney in Florida, the partner I was training under the left to work for another firm without notice. I accepted responsibility for handling my existing case load, plus all other files previously handled by the departing partner.
- Solely responsible for providing daily instructions to three full time support staff assigned to me only.
- Successfully handled case load of over 277 open and active cases in litigation. My involvement was unrestricted. I undertook responsibility from the initial intake through settlement or trial.
- Took an average of three doctors or witness depositions per week.4 years and 208 weeks equals approximately 624 depositions in this time period alone; not including questioning witnesses during actual trials.
- Had strong belief in the need for improvement resulting in developing more efficient file handling procedures. I created innovative ways in which new client intakes were handled, pleadings were filed, correspondence generated and delivered. Happy to expand on this topic in an interview.
- Held monthly staff meetings where progress was evaluated, and staff could express any ideas or concerns.
- Created new employee incentive program focused on increasing the generation of new businesses.When approved by senior partners, the number of new cases opened among all firm practice areas, in all offices, dramatically increased.
- The focus on efficiency increased productivity, increased revenue, provided for more efficient claim handling, and significantly contributed to accurate attorney open caseload counts.
developed new and improved methods for tracking the progress of settlements and attorney fees. The new methods provided increased accuracy in determining revenue and allowed all staff to access to single spreadsheet where relevant data was kept.
Clerkships and Paid Legal Internships
Martino & Price, PA - Tampa, FL - 2708 W. Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609 - Aug 03 through Jan '04.
Employed as a paid legal intern. I worked at the direction of attorney Ann Price. Mrs. Price practiced in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and worker's compensation. I would engage in research related to her current cases, accompany her to mediations and depositions, and handle the office phones when office staff was otherwise occupied.
Athanason Law Group, PA - St. Petersburg, FL - 12366 66th St. N., St. Petersburg, FL 33710 - Aug '03 through Jan '04 Attorney Nicholas Athanason practiced in the areas of personal injury, PIP litigation, criminal defense, and family law. Worked as a paid legal intern. I would draft pleadings related to personal injury claims, create demand packages, and conduct legal research. The pleadings and research findings were presented directly to attorney Athanason for his review or filing in ongoing cases.
Judge William R. Webb. Circuit Court Judge for the Sixth Judicial Circuit, In and For Pasco County. - 7530 Little Road, New Port Richey, FL 34654 - Summer 2002.
Granted opportunity to work as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable William R. Webb. Judge Webb was handling criminal cases at the time. I attended hearings and trials. Met individually with Judge Webb in chambers to receive instructions for conducting research/analysis related to arguments and issues presented. Conducted research and produced memoranda of law submitted directly to Judge Webb. Reviewed procedural and evidentiary issues and conducted legal research.
Special Commissioner of Investigation for NYC Public School District - New York, NY - Summer 2001
Worked as a law clerk under Edward Stancik's management of this office New York City Government Office. Through the work of attorneys and investigators, this office worked to eliminate fraud and graft within the NYC Public School system. At the instruction of staff attorneys, I reviewed and provided a summary of copious amounts of documents regarding on-going investigations. My written summaries included legal research on issues related to the ongoing investigations. I lived in Manhattan for this period.
Supervisor: Tom Fennel.
Seeger Weiss LLP.77 Water Street, New York, NY 10005 - Summer 2001. Split time between the Special Commissioner of Investigation for the NYC Public School District and Seeger Weiss. I worked a legal intern along with attorney Chris Seeger regarding pharmaceutical litigation. Specifically, concerning claims against Merck & Co, Inc., regarding Vioxx. Though my internship was over, the case went on to consist of 27,000 separate cases against Merck, securing a settlement of $ 4.85 billion.
Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
JD, Law, 2002 - 2003. Activities and Societies: Selected to participate in Stetson's Moot Court Trial Advocacy Program.Out of 181 ABA-approved law schools, Stetson's Trial Advocacy Program was ranked number one in the country. Received the award for Honorary Distinction as a result of my work with the Client Negotiation Team
Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
2000 - 2002. Activities and Societies: Dean's Award Scholarship based on my academic performance.
After attending law school in Rhode Island, I determined that I preferred litigation and would rather practice in Florida. I applied to Stetson College of Law based on their reputation for trial advocacy and location in Florida; thus allowing me to take courses directly benefitting my preparing for passing the Florida Bar Exam. I was granted admission to Stetson.
The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
BA, Major English / Philosophy Minor, 1996 - 2000. Activities and Societies: Selected for English Honors Program. Executive Council of Fraternity. University of Alabama's Men's Soccer Team.
Page 5 of 5
Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom
Wadham College. Early Victorian Authors and Shakespeare, Summer of 1998. Junior Year of College. English Honorary Society Selected for Study Abroad at Oxford.
Berkeley Preparatory School, Tampa, FL
GED. 1992 - 1996 Grades: 9-12
Activities and Societies: Member of Three - Time State Champion Soccer Team. Went straight to varsity team freshman year.
Additional References and writing samples are available upon request.